While Fender’s HH Tele models have featured two humbuckers, there has been no provision to split the coils. The stock 3-way switch gives you the three classic Gibson humbucker combinations, but how about a little more flexibility?
Easy, just add our ToneShaper pushbutton switch and you can have additional tonality at the touch of a button. This switch fits neatly between the volume and tone controls, and is completely unobtrusive while remaining readily accessible. In the “down” position it protrudes from the face of the control plate only slightly, and in the “up” position it’s still very low-profile, so it won’t get in the way of your finger if you like to do volume swells.
4-conductor pickups required. Our wiring diagram shows Duncan color codes, and we’ve inverted the colors for the neck pickup so that when the two split pickups are combined in position 2, the result will be hum-canceling (one screw coil and one slug coil). You may need to adjust if you're using pickups from a different manufacturer.
includes everything you need to wire a dual-humbucker Telecaster with this cool coil-split option (refer to the images above for a switching diagram). The kit includes the finest components, from the same suppliers that the large U.S. guitar companies have used for decades:
• (1) Capacitor, .022µF Orange Drop
• (1) Jack, Switchcraft 1/4" Mono, Long Bushing
• (1) Pot, CTS 500k Audio, Low Torque (1/4" Bushing Length)
• (1) Screw for Shielding Ground Lug
• (1) Shielding Ground Lug
• (1) Switch, 3-Way, CRL
• (1) ToneShaper Pushbutton Switch, Solid-Shaft, 500k (Short)
• (1) Treble Bleed Kit for Humbuckers
• (2) Wire, 22 AWG Stranded Silver-Plated Copper, Black PTFE
• (2) Wire, 22 AWG Stranded Silver-Plated Copper, White PTFE
• (1) Professional, Fully-Illustrated Wiring Diagram
|UPC||does not apply|
|Pickup Configuration||(HH) HB|HB|