Fender has marketed a number of Tele models that had two humbuckers. Typically, their stock 3-way switches gave you the three classic Gibson humbucker combinations, but how about a little more flexibility?
Easy, just add our pushbutton switch and you can add additional tonality at the touch of a button. This switch fits neatly between the volume and tone controls, and is completely unobtrusive while remaining readily accessible. In this wiring scheme we’re using it to toggle between series wiring and parallel wiring when the 3-way switch is in the middle position. In the “down” position the pushbutton switch protrudes from the face of the control plate only slightly, and in the “up” position it’s still very low-profile, so it won’t get in the way of your finger if you like to do volume swells.
Combining the pickups in series rather than parallel makes for a decidedly more-potent tonal soufflé. Stronger, louder, warmer, fuller; it’ll push your amp further towards the edge, where the world is a little more exciting and a little more scary. You know what we’re talking about.
includes everything you need to wire a dual-humbucker Telecaster in this way, with the ability to toggle the middle position between both pickups in series or both pickups in parallel (refer to the images above for a switching diagram). How cool is that? The kit includes the finest components, from the same suppliers that the large U.S. guitar companies have used for decades:
• (1) Capacitor, .022µF Orange Drop
• (1) Jack, Switchcraft 1/4" Mono, Long Bushing
• (1) Pot, CTS 500k Audio, Low Torque (1/4" Bushing Length)
• (1) Screw for Shielding Ground Lug
• (1) Shielding Ground Lug
• (1) Switch, 3-Way, CRL
• (1) ToneShaper Pushbutton Switch, Solid-Shaft, 500k (Short)
• (1) Treble Bleed Kit for Humbuckers
• (2) Wire, 22 AWG Stranded Silver-Plated Copper, Black PTFE
• (2) Wire, 22 AWG Stranded Silver-Plated Copper, White PTFE
• (1) Professional, Fully-Illustrated Wiring Diagram
|Enable Recurring Profile||No|
|UPC||does not apply|
|Pickup Configuration||(HH) HB|HB|